Monday, May 14, 2007

A Missed Connection: Your Name

I forgot it, your name
But I remember who you were
You were the one who smiled at me
When no one else could see me
I saw you crossing Michigan Ave
When I nearly fell off the bridge
You were the one who held on to me
When I almost fell into the tracks
You were always there for me
When I was close to ending it all
But now I never see you again.

I miss it, your glowing smile
Your strong grip
Your warm strength
Those arms that held onto me
Never letting me stray
Quieting me, consoling me
When I was left for dead

But now again, I am lying on the streets
Wondering when you'll show up again
See me, Help me, Save me

Several months passed by and not a single sign I wished you'd appear
Strong jaw, kind face, and that smile
But now that I remember your name I realize that I will never see you again
Because your name is Hope
Something I have lost in waiting.

No comments: